If You Want a New MacBook, We Have Some Not-So-Good News
Apple's new 12-inch MacBook went on sale today, and it sold out almost immediately. The most popular one? The gold, which won't ship for another three to four weeks. At the time he announced it, Tim Cook joked, "Can you even see it?" because it's so thin. If you want one, you'll not only have to wait but also pay up $1,299. You can get another version with a faster processor and more storage for $1,599.
Here are more details about why it's so popular:
- It weighs 2 pounds — the lightest Mac ever made!
- It's 13.1 millimeters thin at its thickest point — the thinnest Mac ever made!
- All metal enclosure
- New full-size keyboard that goes all the way to the edge — it's more precise, accurate, and stable
- Thinner and better 12-inch retina display
- 2304 x 1440 pixel display
- New trackpad with glass multitouch service with sensors
- It comes in gold, space gray, and silver
- Comes with five ports in one: power, USB data transfer, DisplayPort, HDMI, and VGA capabilities
- The world's most energy-efficient notebook, according to the EPA
- Eliminates the need for a fan, so it operates in silence
See more photos ahead.